Earth Science Movie Night (Virtual)
Hosted by The Departments of Geology & Geophysics and Atmospheric Sciences!
Join earth science Faculty, Staff, and Students for a fun evening of watching and chatting about real science and "Hollywood" science in movies. Movies will be watched via Amazon Watch Party. This event is open to all students, staff, and faculty in the College of Mining and Earth Science; however, you must have Amazon Prime.
FREE Amazon Prime Student: Amazon Prime Student is a Prime membership program created for college students. As a Prime Student member, you receive a six-month trial that includes Free Two-Day Shipping on over 50 million items, unlimited streaming of Prime movies and TV shows, unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos, exclusive deals and savings, and more! After your six-month trial ends, your Prime Student membership makes you eligible to receive 50% off Amazon Prime, and includes access to all Prime benefits. Join Prime Student so that you don't miss out on cheesey Earth Science movies and meaningful conversation!
- September 1: Shock Wave.
- September 9: Geodisaster.
- September 15: 40 Days and Nights.
- September 22: The Core.
- September 29: The Lost World (1992).
- October 6: Lava Storm.
- October 13: San Andreas Quake.
- October 20: Asteroid versus Earth (2014).
- October 27: Warren Miller's Off the Grid.
- November 3: Storm Seethers.
- November 10: The Aeronauts (2019).
- No future movies are yet scheduled. Stay tuned!