University-wide Commencement exercises are held at the end of each Spring semester. Since graduation events (commencement, convocations, and hooding ceremonies) are held once a year, all candidates/graduates from that academic year (Fall and Spring) and the following Summer are allowed to participate.
University-wide Commencement exercises are held at the end of each Spring semester. Since Commencement is held once a year, all candidates/graduates from that commencement year and the following Summer are allowed to participate in Commencement (i.e. for May 2022 Commencement candidates/graduates for Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 may participate and attend).
- Note: Summer candidates who participate in the Commencement before they actually graduate are not recognized in the printed or posted programs until the following Spring semester ceremonies after they graduate (i.e. a Summer 2022 candidate who participates in the Spring 2022 Commencement will not be recognized in the program until the Spring 2023 Commencement ceremonies).
- Students do not need to RSVP for commencement. Tickets are not required for the graduating student or their guests to attend commencement. Please note that graduates do not walk across the stage or have their names read at the commencement ceremony. All graduates process in together and the President of the University will confer all degrees enmass.
College of Science/College of Mines and Earth Science Convocations: For all who officially graduated the past fall, this spring, and the coming summer.
- College of Science Convocation: Thursday, May 4, 2023 @ 9-10am; Jon M. Huntsman Center; students do not walk in any particular order. We suggest graduate students wear their hoods even though the official hooding ceremony is later in the day. LIVE STREAM LINK: http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/1v5rx
- Reception: Thursday, May 4, 2023 @ 10:30am-12:30pm; large tent on Presidents Circle's lawn.
For all graduate-level students who officially graduated the past fall, this spring, and the coming summer.
- Thursday, May 4, 2023 @ 3:30pm, Crocker Science Center 206.
- An ongoing reception will be held in the 1st floor atrium of the Crocker Science Center – light apps and beverages for graduates and their families.
Congratulations to our
We can’t wait to see what amazing things the future holds for all you all, make sure you come back and visit as Alumni!