Spring Semester 2021
We miss seeing you!!
Because of the risks due to COVID-19 we will largley be remote for the Spring 2021 Semester. We hope that conditions will improve throughout the spring and summer and allow for a more "normal" inperson experience for fall 2021. Please know that we are all here for each other and the Geology and Geophysics department staff will do anything within our power to help you through your semester or with whatever you may need. Stay Strong.
Resources 4 U
We are trying to help promote virtual socialization to help avoid feelings of isolation. Events in G & G.
Your health and well being are top on our minds. It's hard for all of us to be forced to stay separated and limit interactions. If you are in need of support you can feel free to reach out us at any time or visit the Center for Student Wellness .
Depression and stress are commonly felt by all of us. There is no shame in reaching out for help or even just someone to talk to. If you are needing some help or don't know who to turn to, reach out to the University Counseling Center .
Virtual Advising Appointments
Prospective and Current Students
Need more help or curious about other resources?
We fully understand that there are issues or problems that you may not feel comfortable bringing up at the Department or College level. Please look below for a group or resource center that may be able to provide specific needs or support for you.
- American Indian Resource Center: 801-581-7019
- Black Cultural Center: 801-213-1441
- Center for Ethnic Student Affairs (CESA): 801581-8151
- Center for Student Wellness (victim-survivor advocates, bystander intervention training): 801-581-7776
- Dream Center: 801-213-3697
- Employee Assistance Program (staff): 801-587-9319 or 800-926-9619
- Independent Review Committee: complaints about public safety personnel may be reported to the Independent Review Committee at irc.utah.edu
- LGBT Resource Center: 801-587-7973
- Office for Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Title IX: 801-581-8365
- Office of the Dean of Students: 801-581-7066
- University Counseling Center (students only): 801-581-6826
- University Neuropsychiatric Institute crisis line (available 24/7): 801-587-3000
- Women’s Resource Center: 801-581-8030