Petroleum Industry Career Path
PETROLEUM INDUSTRY CAREER PATH (PICP)
- Modular introductory curriculum: 1.5 credit overview courses in petroleum geology, seismic acquisition, processing, and interpretation, well log analysis, and prospect evaluation.
- Advanced courses: seismic and sequence stratigraphy, basin analysis, advanced depositional systems, basin modeling, wave inversion theory, reservoir modeling, geostatistics, petrophysics, and more.
- Career seminars and preparation.
- Focus on skill sets: General geoscience skills, career development, and personal skills (including teamwork, organization and time management, leadership, etc.).
- Integrated research + teaching; real-world datasets.
- Encourage industry exposure through interviews, internships, seminars, lectures, field trips, and cooperative research projects.
- Popular initiative with students from Geology, Geophysics, and Engineering.
- Recruiting & internships
- Graduate fellowships
- Research support
- Programmatic grants
- Visiting lectures, workshops, short courses, field trips
- Case studies & data sets for teaching
The PICP courses are open to all students who meet the prerequisites. It is important to note that this course series is NOT a formal certificate or degree program.